Thursday, March 10, 2011

Devon is God

Devon Littlewood has been one of my best friends since kindergarten. Well actually grade two, but we like to say kindergarten because it sounds better! Over the years we have stayed best friends no matter what. It didn't matter in elementary school if we were in different classes and it doesn't matter now that we are at different schools, we are still best friends. Devon is girly because she has been dancing for the better part of her life. She's always wanted me to join but I don't think I'd make a very good dancer, I'm more into soccer. She loves field hockey which makes her a tomboy. She's not afraid to get down in the dirt. I don't know how anyone could question whether Devon Littlewood is the best person in the world or not. Of course she is, she just always has been. Devon is one of the smartest people I know. I think that's why she has such a big head, to fit her big brain. She's had a hard life having to deal with an obnoxious older brother who's always been thought of as better than her. She's been completely overshadowed by him. Therefore she is one of the strongest people I know. I know that no one has been able to beat Devon at an arm wrestle and so she will always win. My best friend is amazing, she has a dog. She is probably also the funniest person I know. She knows that I love when people re-inact past situations and so she usually does. It's always more hilarious with her doing so, than anyone else. She has a special tradition for Christmas morning where she runs down her stairs, jumps over the couch, and rolls onto the ground, landing right in front of the Christmas tree. Every time she re-inacts it, it just gets funnier. Devon Littlewood is like a gumball; she has a hard, strong shell but inside she's as sweet as can be. She's just like my dog Sascha in how she sings at the top of her lungs to music when she's alone. Though my dog's singing is in a dog howl kind of way they are still extremely alike because they both have blonde hair. Devon is the kind of person who would help you out in any sort of situation. Though Devon insists that she is better than me at Mario Cart, she's a freak of nature, so you shouldn't believe her. Maybe some would like to think that she is stuck-up and too odd to be friends with, but you would be very wrong in thinking so. I can assure you those two things would never be able to live up to who she really is. My best friend is not stuck up, though she is odd. But she is much more than that. Devon Littlewood is beautiful and strong. She is trustworthy, loyal and brilliant. She is always here for me through thick and thin and I know that I can always count on her. She may be a little weird sometimes too, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

1 comment:

  1. "Devon is girly because she has been dancing for the better part of her life"
    -Hasty Generalization

    "My best friend is amazing, she has a dog."
    -red herring

    "She's just like my dog Sascha in how she sings at the top of her lungs to music when she's alone. Though my dog's singing is in a dog howl kind of way they are still extremely alike because they both have blonde hair."
    -weak analogy

    ReplyDelete