Wednesday, February 9, 2011

books that are meaningful to me :)

When I was four I loved the Spot books. My parents would read me one every day. I think my favourite thing about them was how they had little flaps that you could open and underneath would be a surprise! I've always loved animals especially dogs and Spot was just so cute. I remember that whenever my parents would come into my room to say goodnight I would ask them to read me Spot, and they always would. It was so meaningful to me because reading those books was a way of bonding with my parents. Even after I had grown out of them, my parents still read to me every night until eventually I started reading to them. Having being read to everyday when I was little helped me to love reading and learn to read at a young age. I could read chapter books by the time I was six. I think that loving the Spot books shows that I developed my love for animals at a young age. One book that I love now is The Host by Stephanie Meyer. The book is about reincarnation of souls. In the novel souls are considered an alien race among the humans who are inferior to them. The souls all have human hosts, some of which try to takeover their soul. The story tells about how one soul goes through her life on Earth having to deal with her human host trying to overcome her. She falls in love with a human boy while her human host is in love with a different boy. The book is meaningful to me because one of the themes is how in our lives we have hard choices we have to make. Sometimes those choices won't benefit us but they may help the ones we love instead. The book helped me to realize that though the choices I've made haven't always helped me, they've helped the people I love. Knowing that makes me feel like everybody has a purpose no matter who they are. The book also is meaningful to me because it shows that even if you are an alien you can fall in love with someone who is different than you. You don't have to be the same race, you can fall in love with anyone. I think that loving this book shows that I am open to different things and a romantic. I love tragic stories that have a happy ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment